My Blog List

Blog Archive

Heathen Vegan-ites

Blog Archive



Vegan MoFo Day 26 - Mashed Carrot and Swede

Or rutabaga to my American pals.
This is one of my favourite side dishes and is a sure sign that winter is looming.
Boil some carrots and swede, drain then mash with some salt and freshly ground black pepper and a HUGE knob of vegan butter.
Seriously simple but seriously good.
Save the water for making soup or gravy.

Go MoFo!


jessy said...

i don't know that i've ever had rutabaga, Jeni - but your mash is enough to convince me to try i.! so colorful and so simple 'n tasty sounding, too. perfection! said...

Such a pretty picture!

Cara said...

Would you judge me if I told you that I've never had rutabaga???

Jeni Treehugger said...

Yes Cara I would. Go forth and eat rutabaga.

Jeni Treehugger said...

And you Jessy

Jeni Treehugger said...

Thank you Jojo

Dawn said...

I'm glad you told me what swede was because I've never heard that one! I've never been a huge fan, but mixed with carrots makes it sound pretty good. Pretty picture too.